Explore Aklan

Your Online Gateway to Aklan

Mr. Vince's Holiday on Guisi Beach

Ok, my title is not as catchy as it sounds, but since I'm a bit frustrated about the weather not being too cooperative to let me take some pictures of Jawili beach with the infinitely high clear blue sky, I decided to look around on my files. Luckily, I found a cure for the itch. Guisi beach, Guimaras.

After a devastating virus attack on the PC that I was saving my files on, all of my shots for a year were gone in a snap. I was very desperate to take pictures to lessen my depression. And luckily, my friends, Marcos and Tox (a very pretty lady), invited us (I was with my GF ^^) to go to Guisi beach. And so, a few days later, our journey started.

We rode a pumpboat from Ortiz port in Iloilo City to Guimaras, the fare at the time was just Php 11 (maybe due to oil price hikes, the fare might have increased) and landed on a wharf in Jordan (its pronounced as Hordan). There is a tourist assistance post there, so you can ask them around for some of the details like directions and fare costs.

We took a Nueva Valencia jeepney ride to Guisi and after an hour, we were there. We hiked down to the beach and the view was just spectacular.

a view fron the far-side of the beach

rock formations can be seen all over

Then we decided to climb to the lighthouse. The hill is not very steep but still managed to make us sweat. The view fron atop was very nice.




On top of the hill, there's the ruins of a Spanish outpost and an 18'th century lighthouse. Actually, there's 3 of them, two are old and one is new.


After a while, we decided that we had to go back to the beach and explore some more. I went to the left side where there are these teeth-like rock formations which were cool.


this made me remember an episode of SpongeBob where Mr. Krabbs molted his shell off

And later on the afternoon, we decided to go boating since it was fairly cheap. But our boat was just powered by a paddle and we also had to help the man to paddle. It was fun though, and if you want to hire motorized boats, its going to cost you.

one of a number of caves that meets the sea

inside the cave are colorful rock-formations

Grand Canyon look-alike on Guisi

there are also other islets the you can visit

After a while of paddling, I was very tired but the view of the sunset rejuvenated my senses. And after taking some shots, we paddled back to the beach.


the sunset on the beach is a spectacle to behold

the silouhette of the mountains of Panay seemingly invited us to go back home

The magic of Guisi grabbed us all and coincedentally on our way home, I saw a cloud forming a magic lamp over us. And indeed, just like magic, it helped me throough my depression. Guisi rocks, and I'm deinitely going back there for some more of that magic. ^^

for more info on Guisi Beach, please visit http://www.exploreiloilo.com/guisi-beach-lighthouse.html

0 comments:

    Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved. All Aklan pictures, Aklan News, Aklan Articles, and other Aklan Content are published for educational purposes only.