Explore Aklan

Your Online Gateway to Aklan

Reminiscing the Ride to Pandan

Since I had my motorcycle, my range of trying to explore Aklan widened. I always have an itch to go to places that I see in the internet. And this time, I wanted to ride to Pandan, Antique. For this trip, I asked my friend, Marcos if he liked to tag along. The answer sure enough was a yes.

At that time, I only had my trusty point and shoot camera. And because I'm the one driving the motorcycle, I had no opportunities of taking pictures of the view from the road.

After an hour on the road, we were nearing Pandan. Marcos said before we rode that there's a "shortcut" to Malumpati. I went to Malumpati before but I can tell after taking the turn to the "shortcut" that this is not the right road to take. It was muddy and the houses were getting fewer and fewer by the minute. The rocky path tortured my motorcycle and though the road looked like it would put a 4x4 to shame, I still tried to push till we got to Malumpati. And after lots of slipping and almost falling off the motorcycle, we reached the cold springs of Malumpati, but we were on the other side. We tried another route but to no avail. So we decided to turn back.

I broke something in my motorcycle but I was more worried in getting it out of that sort of mess. And on the way back to the main road, I realized that the view from the top of the mountain was really magnificent.

And so, after loosing an hour, we were back in civilization and we used the long way round. And, after a sweaty 2 hours and a half, the only thing that I wanted to do was to swim in the refreshingly cold waters of Malumpati.

the water was really cold and crystal clear

a bridge connected this side to the other, instead of turning back, the locals told us that we could have used the bridge instead

I remembered that there used to be another diving board on top of the small one



view from the bridge


this is a view of the trail on the other side, but this is still the one of the "good" parts of the trail.


cottages on the other side

After taking a short dip in Malumpati, we made our way Phaidon beach resort. It was also a white sand beach but the sand is not as fine when compared to Baracay's.

as you can see, there a lots of small pebbles in the beach which is not ideal for skimboarding


but the resort boasts a dive spot which tourists can enjoy and the tranquility that Boracay can only offer if its not in season





the rooms looked nice from the outside, and, it also looked good on the inside. But something seems to be missing, airconditioning.



After playing with the dogs, we decided to go home. The ride was very tiring but also rewarding. And like what the terminator said, "I'll be back."


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vince, great post particularly Malumpati's. You did a bunch of outstanding shots of the place. It's in my hit list for my next trip there! Is it a river or a lake?

vince said...

Its a river I think. Daw dira ga start ang Bugang River. hehe D pagd ko sure. Ask ko lang c Marcos later.

Joker said...

tani mka visit man ta da together.. hehehe

vince said...

Yup. Nami na da daan...

antiquediver said...

I just stayed in Phaidon Beach Resort ! Great, really and all rooms are with Air con, hot water e.g. and a Restaurant, maybe the best at Antiques site. Very delicious variety of Filipino and European dishes. I enjoyed also sport activities like scuba diving, mountain hiking and boating at Bugang river...
great option compare to overcrowded Boracay !!

vince said...

hi. Thanks for the heads up that all the rooms have air conditioning. The guide told us when we visited that room had no aircons. hehe. Yup, is really a great alternative to Boracay, and its a great plus that you have the beach for yourself...

    Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved. All Aklan pictures, Aklan News, Aklan Articles, and other Aklan Content are published for educational purposes only.