Explore Aklan

Your Online Gateway to Aklan

The Ride to Libacao

June 20 2008 is the date that most of us here in Aklan dread. Typhoon Feng Shen/Frank ravaged our province leaving people homeless and some even lost their loved ones.

I'm also worried since the rainy days are coming. Hopefully, it won't happen again. When I went to Libacao, it rained a bit, but I never expected the river to swell-up like this.

my trusty motorcycle, parked near Libacao's Park

the mighty and unpredictable Aklan river


After seeing the might of the Aklan river, my friend and I decided it would be best to go home because we might get trapped if the river will flood the bottom of the mountain. Rushing home, I witnessed farmers placing sandbags to save their crops, but to no avail. The water still rose over the banks and covered several hectares of rice fields.

0 comments:

    Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved. All Aklan pictures, Aklan News, Aklan Articles, and other Aklan Content are published for educational purposes only.